Overview of Streambox 360 streaming to Youtube
- Connect the Ricoh Theta S camera to the BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder with a micro‐HDMI to HDMI cable.
- Connect BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt cable. Installation and operation of Streambox Cloud Encoder will be discussed below (see How To configure Streambox Cloud Encoder for 360 Streaming)
- Turn on the camera for live streaming, the camera must first be off, then you need to push and hold the bottom ‘Capture mode’ button and then push the top ‘Power’ button . Then release both after you see word ‘Live’ on the Camera. The word ‘Live’ under will appear if you are in streaming mode (see How to switch Ricoh Theta S into Live Streaming mode).
- If you plan to spend some time with the setup, it is recommended that you attach the Ricoh Theta S camera to a USB power supply via a micro‐USB to USB cable. This charges the internal battery as well as provides power for operation. We recommend to pre‐charge camera before prolonged usage with USB.
- Setup your live event on the YouTube LIVE STREAMING Events: Create a new event, and select 360 in advanced settings, select Custom ingestion 1080p 3-6Mbps.
Creating an event and Advanced settings will be discussed below (see How To configure Youtube with Cloud Encoder for 360 Streaming).
- Start Streambox Cloud Encoder and Select ‘Setup Ricoh HDMI…’ from Service menu to auto‐configure encoder for Ricoh Streaming . Once network test is complete , encoder will stream to to Streambox Cloud and your stream will be auto routed to YouTube.